A student is allowed to offer Major in any one of the following subjects :
- Home Science
Combination of Subjects in TDC Science
English is compulsory. In addition to it, an applicant needs to offer one of the following combinations from among the three indicated by her in order of reference in the application form :
|Maior subiect||Premitted combination of subsidary subjects|
|Botany||Chemistry and Zoology/Chemistry and Home Science/Chemistry and Microbiology|
|Chemistry||Physics and Mathematics|
|Mathematics||Physics and Chemistry/Physics and Statistics/ Economics and Statistics/Chemistry and Statistics/Physics and Computer Science/Chemistry and Computer Science.|
|Physics||Chemistry and Mathematics/Mathematics and Statistics/Mathematics and Computer Science.|
|Statistics||Physics and Mathematics/ Economics and Mathematics/ Mathematics and Computer Science.|
|Zoology||Chemistry and Botany/Chemistrya and Home Science/ Chemistry and Microbiology|
|Home Science||Botany and Zoology/Botany and Chemistry/Zoology and Chemistry/Chemistry and Microbiology|
|Economics||Mathematics and Statistics/Mathematics and Computer Science|
- Statistics is not allowed without mathematics.
- Students offering to study Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics and Zoology must have passed in these subjects in the +2 examination. For Microbiology the student must have passed in Biology and for Computer Science the student must have passed in Mathematics in the +2 level.
[box type=”note”] [ordered_list style=”decimal”]
- Gauhati University regulations for TDC Arts /Science allows affiliated colleges to fix the combination of subsidiary subjects according to available facilities.
- Once the admission is over, change of subject will not be allowed either in Major or General course of study.
- If Major seats are over during admission, students having higher marks will be considered for admission in General course.
Combination of Subjects in TDC General Course
General or Functional English is compulsory. A candidate offering to study TDC General course in Science has to select three subsidiary subjects from the following list:
- Computer Science
- Home Science