- Admissions into the College are notified in the local dailies, the College notice board and the institutional website (http://www.hgcollege.org).
- Candidates are needed to fill in and submit admission forms online by logging into the college website http://www.hgcollege.org. Submission fees of Rs 250/- shall have to be paid through net banking/ATM-cum-debit card/UPI/Credit Card only. The College prospectus may be downloaded from the same website. The submission process will have to be completed within the notified period.
Admission forms will not be issued or received offline by the college .
- Admissions into the College are based strictly on merit. A common merit list of all applicants is prepared by the College for each programme, and admissions are given on the basis of the that list. All admissions are governed by the College admission rules. The decision of the Admission Committee regarding admissions is final.
- The College admits students in the Higher Secondary (Science and Arts streams), TDC Major (Science and Arts streams) and TDC General (Science and Arts streams) programmes and Post Graduate courses in Assamese Botany, Chemistry and Zoology.
- Candidates securing 45% (in General category) and 40% (Reserved category) in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission.
- Candidates seeking admission into any Major subject must secure a minimum of 50% (General category) and 45% marks (Reserved category) in the subject concerned in the +2 examination.
- In TDC programmes, Common merit list is prepared on the basis of the marks obtained in four subjects in the qualifying examination (HS or equivalent).
For B. Sc. programme,marks obtained in English and the best three science subjects are taken in to consideration.
For B.A. programme,marks obtained in English and the best three orher subjects are taken in to consideration.
- Marks obtained in the subjects of Physical Education, Music and Fine Arts are not considered in preparation of Common Merit list for B.A/B. Sc Programmes.
- For HS programmes the common basis for calculation of total marks obtained by a student in HSLC examination( or other Board Examinations) is 600.
- In case the candidate has not studied the subject in +2 level in which she desires to study Major, (only in the case of those subjects which are allowed as per GU regulations) her eligibility for taking Major will be her aggregate percentage.
- Any request for change in combinations of subjects (both Major and General) after admission of the student will not be entertained.
- Candidates securing 40% marks in the qualifying examination are eligible to apply for admission into Bengali and Sanskrit Major only. Candidates offering Sanskrit as Major must have passed in the subject in the + 2 level.
- An applicant is required to submit only one application form for a particular stream. The submitted form must be complete in all respects. Incomplete forms are liable to be rejected.
- A candidate will have to submit a photocopy of only the marksheet of the qualifying examination duly attested with the application form. No other document is required with the application.
- A candidate must produce the following documents in original at the time of admission:
- Mark-sheet and Admit Card of the last qualifying examination.
- Two copies of recent passport-size photograph.
- A certificate from the Head of the institution last attended, testifying her character.
- Caste Certificate from the competent authority (wherever necessary).
- Anti-ragging – An undertaking from the applicant and also her guardians that the applicant will not resort to ragging, in any form, must be submitted in the prescribe format at the time of admission.
- Student passing the qualifying examination earlier than the current year will have to submit a gap certificate from any one of the following, whichever is applicable :
- The Head of the institution last attended.
- Officer-in-charge of the nearest police station .
- Government Gazetted officer testifying her activities during the interim period.
- Medical Certificate from a registered medical practitioner (on genuine medical grounds)
- Admission Committee may refuse admission to a candidate whose documents are not genuine or not found to be in proper order.
- Admissions to the College and its Hostel take place on the same day. Hostel seats are allotted strictly on merit (see Hostel rules). A student has to make the necessary payment for the purpose on the same day.
- HS first year and the TDC first semester students, who fail to get promoted to the next higher class in one sitting, may also apply for admission along with the fresh applicants. However, if the student is unsuccessful in three attempts, she is not considered for admission again.
- The College reserves seats for students belonging to SC, ST(P), ST(H), OBC and MOBC categories from the state of Assam as per Government rules . These seats are allotted to candidates on the basic of original certificates issued by competent authorities.
- The College allots seats in HS and TDC programmes to students with outstanding performances in the field of sports, culture and NCC. These are allotted on the basis of merit cum proficiency in the field concerned. A few seats are also reserved for differently abled students.
- A candidate must face the interview personally at the time of admission. However, if due to some unavoidable reasons, the candidate does not turn up, her guardian may represent her.
- Fees once paid are not refundable.
- For admission against the quota allotted for co-curricular activities like cultural events, sports, NCC, Scouts and Guides,the candidates will have to face a personal interview/selection process.
- Sports women representing the country in international meets are admitted directly to the College.
Financial assistance is granted to needy students out of the Student’s Welfare Fund in the form of
- Counseling services for physically challenged students.
- Concession for library, sports, establishment and tuition fees for deserving students.
Such assistance is given annually to deserving students, subject to availability of funds. To avail this facility, students will have to apply to the Principal, Handique Girls’ College with certificate from a prominent citizen of the locality.